17 Sep Facts about moving you did not know
When you know, it is time to change. It is time to relocate. The fact remains though that relocation is never smooth as it is very stressful. Even facts support this claim. And yet, moving to a new neighborhood or state is a way of life with the changes happening in life. There are more facts about moving you didn’t know.
- Moving is the one the most stressful happening in life, after death and divorce.
- An average of 40 million Americans move annually.
- Average American moves about 11.7x in their lifetime.
- If the average lifespan is 60, then that means they move every six years.
- The age groups 18 to 34 years old are the largest group of movers, whereas the age groups 25 to 29 years old move the most.
- Relocation happens, about 50%, mostly between May to September.
- The most popular day for moving is Friday while the least is Sunday.
- Reasons for relocation are the following: 40% move due to job; 42% of movement is because of personal reasons while 18% due to government movement.
- Studies show that Ladies move more than guys.
- Close to 62% of Americans go back to the state where they were born.
- The state with the lowest percentage of people who were born in the same state that are now living there is Florida.
- The most expensive city in the world to move into is Luanda, Angola (weird but true), followed by San Francisco and New York.
- Winter is the least expensive time to move because not a lot of people move during this season.
- The lowest movement recorded by the US Census Bureau was in 2016, where only 11% of Americans moved that year.
- In 2016 alone, a total of 314,992,00 Americans moved.
Knowing these facts reinforce the fact that you are not alone in dealing with stressful situations like relocation. Thus, it pays to be knowledgeable about different ways on how to lessen the stress. Understanding your new neighborhood and looking for competent moving experts will help a lot in making your relocation seamless.